Thursday, July 5, 2007

Honestly

As a writer, someone who is offering their opinion to you, I don't think that you come here to listen to be babble about right and wrong, so I will try and avoid babbling.

Some people may already be aware, some may not, but I am 16, which means that my first election falls on the 2008 presendential election. I should probably say that, because of this, I am paying some attention to the things that are going on right now.

My political beliefs are one thing, what I want to write about on this blog is another.

I believe that people are defined by their personal experiences. That is what I am writing about, that is what I consider the product of the constant individual evolution.

As a result, I try and minimize what I tell people unless they ask. I try to avoid being assertive, because, as a teenager, I know what it is like to constantly have people question the validity of your experiences.

I don't want to say that politicians ALL do that, but I will say that anyone who speaks about what someone can and cannot do while in a nation fundamentally based on freedom has managed to befuddle me, as does anyone who preaches a Gospel (of any sort of religious affiliation) on the pedestal of a political system that strictly express the wish to seperate church and state.

Perhaps I've made it obvious that I am confused by "right wing" politics. That isn't to say that I don't find democrats equally as frustrating. Trust me, I do, but the fact remains that I, based on the simple fundamentals I am trying to lay out here, cannot support anyone who would invalidate the experiences of another (especially of women in situations where they feel an abortion is necessary) without having been their.

If they had an experience that might offer them the ability to empathize. If they, say, had been a poor underclass impregnated teenager who had risen from the pinnacle of modern politics while raising an illegitimate child and constantly being told that they weren't good enough, that what they were doing was wrong and that they were damned to failure in life and death because of the choices they felt need to be made (like, say, raising a baby without a father), then that would be fine.

Hell, if any of them had ever given birth I might be able to see a slight bit of human empathy.

The point is that if you learn anything, it's that Judeo-Christian values teaches a single value above all else: discretion. It's this simple:

Do not preach unless you have first sat in the pews.

Do not tell someone what to do unless you have done it first.

To be metaphoric:

Don't tell someone to jump into water you haven't been in already.

I will try to keep everything fundamental, based on the truths that this whole thing is about and give you the opportunity to expand your own opinions.

As someone who has had to opportunity to preach virtues many times, I have done it some times and refrained others, I find that it is best to only preach advice that you have found true for yourself, and I have found that I should only take advice from those who have taken it themselves.

Trust me, it provides the most reliable and most consisten results.

No comments: